The Africa Groundwater Network (AGW-Net) was established to increase awareness of the potential and value of groundwater across the continent and to contribute to capacity building in the groundwater sector in Africa.
The objectives of AGW-Net are to:
- Build capacity for improved groundwater management at all levels;
- Promote Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) practice in the groundwater sector;
- Improve awareness of groundwater resources;
- Foster groundwater research and academic cooperation;
- Enhance the sharing of information;
- Improve the level of integration between surface and groundwater practitioners; and
- Provide a positive contribution to the realisation of regional and continental development goals with regard to groundwater.
The AGW-Net will function under the Cap-Net umbrella and will cooperate with other networks within the Cap-Net affiliation. AWG-Net will operate as an open membership based forum for interaction between groundwater scientists and with other water sector professionals across Africa to promote capacity building and awareness of groundwater within an IWRM framework.
Visit the Cap-Net website
AGW-Net has regional coordinators from the represented regions in the network as listed under the AGW-Net Contacts.
AGW-Net Flyer - Version 2014.
AGW-Net has produced a new flyer in French and in English. Members are welcome to download and print our flyer for distribution - agw-flyer English and agw-flyer French. You may also write to the network manager email@example.com and request flyers if you are hosting an event where there is a need to distribute our flyers.